I would like to tell you it was love friends. Love, that made me so cool. But, alas, it wasn’t.
It was this:
Money may not buy love, but a LeapPad2 and bubble wrap certainly does. I kid. Mostly. Kind of.
A LeapPad2 also buys you peace and quiet. Just putting it out there.
Aside from being a cool mom (or dad, or grandma or grandpa, or aunt, or uncle), what else do you have to look forward to?
Well, a lot! This is one sweet “toy”. Lets face it, we call it a toy, but it is jam packed full of puzzles, logic, books, letters, and learning activities. Let me throw out some bullet points for ya.
- Mommy and daddy’s phones get a break. Finally.
- I don’t have to worry about him calling someone, downloading something or seeing something he isn’t suppose to. I know everything is safe and meant for him. Relief.
- He can do it all by himself. And when he gets stuck, there is this awesome little voice that says things like, “Drag the crown to Queen Eleanor Bear”. And the voice doesn’t even know to get frustrated or annoyed so everyone wins.
- Quinn was excited about letters! Like stoked. Anything that makes a kid excited about letters is good in my book.
- He is quiet and still. Lets face it, everyone needs quiet and still sometimes.
- He feels proud and successful when he completes new or challenging tasks.
- There is a huge age range on this bad boy. There are things he isn’t ready to use yet, but will be perfect for him when he gets older. Perfect for growing with kids or if you have multiple children at different ages.
- You can hook it up to the computer and download apps and check out what the kiddos have been up to.
- If you already own one and you want to upgrade, no worries. The LeapPad2 is compatible with older games. Whew!
- Some cool upgrades for the LeapPad2 include a front and back camera and a charging pack. No more wasted batteries.
- It is pretty tough. Quinn has dropped it a few times and we are still going strong.
- We had one little snafu. Turns out the screen just needed to be recalibrated. As simple as hitting home and the volume up button when you are at the log in screen. This brings you to all the parental settings. A little “good to know” tip.
You can try to earn your cool status the good old fashion way, or you can just buy them a LeapPad2 already. I kid. Seriously people, you cannot buy cool.
Obviously, I was lucky enough to be given this LeapPad2 to review. Blogging has it’s perks. But the big question is: Would I buy one? Yes. Well actually, I would probably leave it up to Santa and his elves. I think it would make for one awesome Christmas or Birthday present. A LeapPad2 comes with 5 app options to download. Quinn already has the Jake and the Neverland Pirates game on his birthday list. Truthfully, we would be better off talking about what isn’t on Quinn’s Birthday list.
Quinn graced us with some deep insight as to why he loves his LeapPad2.
Good luck with upping your cool status. Any of you thinking of adding a LeapPad2 to the Christmas or Birthday wish list? If any of you end up getting a LeapPad2 holla! Any other LeapPad parents out there?
If you wanna know more you can check out LeapFrog.com
I was given this LeapPad2 for the purposes of this review. All opinions are 100% mine.
Want FREE printables and more. Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.