We are reformed eat-out junkies! We now eat mostly at home, mostly clean and mostly organic. We now use the eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plans to solve the million dollar question- What’s for dinner?
Every week eMeals send 7 dinners, recipes and a shopping lists. They have an app. I check off what we have before I hit the store and then pick up everything I need–checking it off in the app as I go. It is fabulous. We have thoroughly enjoyed having new, delicious, healthy, homecooked meals.
For fun, I thought I would share our week’s worth of dinners along with one of the fabulous recipes.
Today I am sharing the Spicy Meatballs in Fire-Roasted Marinara with Baked Spaghetti Squash, because it was a family favorite! This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook for a total of 45 minutes. We added a side of broccoli, because there is no such thing as too many vegetables. These are photos I shot with my phone while making a real dinner for my real family while a real child clung to my leg–so no, they don’t look like a Better Homes & Gardens spread. Super tasty and yummy though!
You combine ground pork, breadcrumbs, cumin, red pepper, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl. Form about 24 meatballs. Brow them in oil over medium heat.
Add broth, garlic and tomatoes to the meatballs. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until meatballs are done and sauce is slightly thickened.
For the squash, you will want to preheat the oven to 425. Cut the squash in half and drizzle olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the squash, cut sides down, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake squash 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
You literally scrape at the squash with the fork to get “noodles”.
- 11⁄2 lb lean ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup whole-wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (2- to 3-lb) spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground
- Combine ground pork, breadcrumbs, cumin,red pepper, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl
- shape mixture into 24 balls
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat
- add meatballs, and cook 4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides
- Add broth, garlic and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until meatballs are done and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cut squash in half; scrape out seeds.
- Drizzle cut sides of squash with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place squash, cut sides down, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray
- Bake squash 30 minutes or until fork-tender
- Use a fork to scrape squash into spaghetti-like strands; serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti squash.
Want FREE printables and more. Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.