Trolls Birthday Party
So you want to throw a Trolls birthday party? A Trolls themed party is a fun and easy to pull-off. Common Sense Media recommends Trolls for families, giving it four stars and recommending the movie for ages six and up.
Trolls is a fun, colorful movie with some great music! The perfect soundtrack to any birthday party.
It is no wonder that kids all over are requesting a Trolls themed birthday party.
The good news is, due to its colorful and happy nature, the decorations for a Trolls birthday party are easy to pull off!
Trolls birthday Party Ideas
Throwing a great party can be simple. Once you’ve decided on a theme, in this case- Trolls, the next step is deciding where you want to make the most impact.
Often people spread their ideas too thin and the overall feeling is underwhelmed. Create a lot of impact by choosing a focal point. This way you can save my money and make sure your guests have a wow moment.
Because of Trolls underlying rainbow theme, it is easy to get away with colorful decorations and avoid the pricing of trademarked merchandise.
Just a few Trolls decorations coupled with rainbows and color will give the overall feeling of a Trolls birthday party without the price tag.
Trolls Themed Party
So I’ve officially convinced you that a Trolls themed party is the way to go. Thats fantastic!
Here are the steps to creating a Trolls themed party:
- Pick your WOW spot!
- Gather your supplies
- Download the Trolls soundtrack
- Prepare for fun!!
Trolls Birthday Cake
The center of any good birthday party is definitely the cake. We want it to taste good and look beautiful.
Equally important, we want it to be doable and affordable.
The easiest Trolls birthday cake is one that incorporates the colorful rainbow theme.
This Costco sheet cake is simple, affordable and easy peasy for any birthday host. The standard rainbow themed cake makes for the perfect Trolls birthday cake.
Yes, you can pull off the perfect Trolls birthday cake without dropping a fortune or spending the night pretending to be on a cake-baking reality show.
Trolls Birthday Supplies & Trolls Party Decorations
Each Trolls birthday party is going to be unique, but I’m going to give you the basics to throwing an awesome Trolls birthday party.
We are going to focus on your WOW area. This is the place where you will have an awesome backdrop with a dessert/candy table to draw lots of attention.
Trolls birthday party supplies:
- Colorful table clothes (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)- arrange these table clothes in bunches in rainbow order.
- Rainbow streamer backdrop
- Happy Birthday sign
- Trolls duck tape – Perfect for wrapping around bottled water, cake stands or anything you want to quickly dress up.
- Scalloped Containers (red, orange, pink, green, blue, purple)- Great for Candy buffet
- Candy for candy buffet- we used Skittles, Starbursts, gummy worms, licorice, Airheads and Trolls favors like these Pez dispensers
- Trolls pennant bunting- ours is homemade, but here is a cute Etsy one.
- Rainbow tassel bunting – see the tutorial here
- Trolls birthday cake – rainbow themed cake from your local grocery store (I recommend Costco)
- Supplies for your Trolls Birthday Party Craft (see below section)
Trolls Birthday Party Craft: DIY Poppy Headband
This is a great party craft, a fun craft to do ahead for birthday guests or a special “birthday crown” for the birthday girl. This Poppy Headband also works as a Trolls Birthday photo prop and it only requires:
- a headband
- hot glue gun
- fishing line
If you are a crafter, there is a good chance you have all of these supplies already!
How to Make a Trolls Princess Poppy Headband
This Princess Poppy headband is a quick affordable craft and will be a great addition to your Trolls birthday party. Searching for party favors? This Troll’s hair is it!
Trolls Birthday Party Craft- Princess Poppy Headband Materials needed:
- fishing line
Trolls Birthday Party Craft- Princess Poppy Headband Directions:
- Cut all of your tulle into strips
- take the first strip and fold it in half so that it creates a loop.
- Bring the loop of your tulle up and over headband.
- With the loop still above the headband, grab both of the bottom ends of the tulle strip and pull the bottom ends of the tulle through your upper tulle loop.
- Then tie the tulle together at the top with fishline.
- Hot-glue ribbon around the base and hot glue felt flowers on the ribbon.
Eleanor really enjoyed her birthday party. We still stick to family parties at home. The kids feel extra special when we celebrate them.
On the children’s actual birthday, if it falls during the week, we allow them to skip school or do a half day along with their siblings. We let them pick an outing and we really enjoy our time together. It is a great reminder pause and invest in family.
On her actual birthday, we drove to Lake Geneva (a nearby touristy/lake town) and visited a safari park. It was really awesome and we all really enjoyed it. After our adventure, we had lunch. Eleanor decided she really wanted her ear’s pierced and we were able to squeeze that in on her sixth birthday!
How do you celebrate birthdays at your house?
Want FREE printables and more. Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.