Those of you who have been following me for a while, know that I have been
struggling working on losing weight. The weight really piled on with the last two pregnancies and it at times feels impossible. But what choice do I have? Do nothing and be fat and put my health at risk? Or do something–as long as something might take? So I am doing something.
Halloween and the multitude of Halloween festivities meant lots and lots of treats in our house. I ate lots and lots of those treats, skipped a few workouts and was feeling pretty down on myself.
Then I stepped on the scale this morning. This could have gotten ugly real fast. I was down, by some miracle, 3 lbs!!
This was a gift!
Suddenly all my mistakes and shortcomings didn’t matter. It wasn’t too late to turn things around. I decided to ride this high. Shipped the rest of the candy off with the husband and ran two miles today.
You guys were so motivating in my last weight loss post.
I hope in 8 weeks I have even more progress to share with you.
In the meantime, I want to talk about those things that can hold you over. I’m not a fan of buying clothes every 10 lbs and I hate buying pieces when I’m actively trying to lose weight. I live in yoga pants right now and I am okay with that. I’m building outfits in my head, and I will get there — and it will feel so damn good.
So here is my list of things to feel like the hot mama you are, while trying to lose weight.
– Nail polish. I started doing my nails. It is a fun way to express myself and has no relationship to my weight. It is funny how much more pulled together and feminine I feel with a coat of polish.
– Scarves. I’m obsessed with scarves. Yoga pants, a long cardigan and a scarf is kind of my uniform. Scarves bring color and focus to your face and kind of hide a tummy. Kind of. Plus it makes it look like you actually tried to get dressed–at least that is what I tell myself.
– Hair. Color it + cut it. Feel like a million bucks no matter what the scale says–even if it ends up in a ponytail 90% of the time.
– Jewelry. I love jewelry and I don’t feel bad buying it, because I know it will fit me no matter what the scale says. Throw on earrings with that scarf and now you really have them fooled.
– Shoes. What girl doesn’t love shoes. Plus they will fit me when I’m a skinny mini too ;). I’m dreaming of riding boots, which can be worn with leggings, which are the equivalent of yoga pants. #winning
– Running shoes. I just recently invested in a pair. Worth every penny. Makes me want to get out and get my exercise on.
– Makeup. I love trying new lotions and potions. Recently started using BB cream… I’m a fan.
At the end of the day, you want to feel good about yourself! Success breeds success. If you feel good, you will be that much more likely to invest in you–to hit the gym, to go on a run, to pass on the brownie. That is how it works for me.
So I will be painting my nails, wrapping myself in scarves, adorning my ears with earrings and pretending I am every bit the fashonista I want to be, while I dream of fitting into my beautiful leather jacket, and rocking all the latest trends.
To tell you the truth, I long to throw on a pair of jeans and a plain T– You know, like the GAP kind– and rock it. Something so simple, but so not possible right now. When I feel good in that, I know I will have made it.
How about you?
P.S. I wanted to include pictures as evidence, but it turns out that a side effect of this weight is avoiding the camera like the plague. The only picture I could find of me I’m rocking the best kind of accessory there is ;).
Want FREE printables and more. Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.